Your Personal Fundraising page is a helpful tool in reaching your goal online. Through this tool you can:
- Send solicitation emails to your contact list;
- Thank your sponsors;
- Post updates about your event;
- Share your event with family and friends through social media; and
- Keep track of your progress.
Click on a topic below to see step-by-step instructions on how to maximize the use of your Personal Fundraising Page.
Your Fundraising Dashboard enables you to:
- Customize your Personal Fundraising Page
– Name your page
– Create your own personalized URL
– Customize your Welcome Message
– Upload your profile and banner photos
– Import Contacts and send Solicitation/Fundraising Emails
– Monitor your Fundraising Progress
- Create or Join a Team
- Go to https://bike4bibles.ca/b4b-events/ and choose the event you want to participate in.
- Click the REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE button.
- On the Registration page, register by doing one of the following:
– Enter your email address
– Sign up with Facebook
– Sign up with Google
- Once you select a registration option, follow the instructions. If you register by entering your email address, you will be prompted to enter your password.
- If you have registered with another Bike for Bibles event, simply enter the password associated with your email address and then follow the registration instructions.
Your Personal Fundraising Page is your public facing page. This page is what your supporters will see when they visit to donate or read about your fundraising efforts.
Customize this page to make it your own.
To customize, log in to your Fundraising Dashboard at https://bike4bibles.ca.
Customize Your Welcome Message
Within your Fundraising Dashboard,
- Select MY PAGE
- In the right-hand area of the page, you will see a list of the sections that you can edit, with the heading “EDIT MY”
- Click WELCOME MESSAGE to change the default message and write your own
- URL –customize or edit your Fundraising Page URL (web address)
- GOAL – set or update your goal
- To join a team, log in to your Fundraising Dashboard at https://bike4bibles.ca.
- On your homepage, scroll down to the bottom where you can find JOIN TEAM option.
- You will be prompted to search for a team in the search box.
Now that you have customized your Fundraising Page, you can start fundraising. To let your family and friends know about your fundraising efforts, you can:
- Share your page on social media (Facebook and Twitter) by simply clicking on the SHARE button anywhere on your Fundraising Page.
- Send a Fundraising email.
To send an email, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Fundraising Dashboard.
- Within your dashboard, select EMAIL.
- Before you can import your contact list, you will be asked to verify your email address. Simply follow the instructions to verify your email.
- Once your email is verified, you will be prompted to add emails by entering them manually or by importing from your contact list (Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, etc).
– When adding your contacts, we suggest leaving the GREETING field empty. If you leave this field empty, the salutation will read: Dear <First Name>.
– If you wish to personalize the Salutation in your email solicitation, enter the text in the GREETING field. (Example: Dear Auntie Lisa, or Hello Grampa).
- Add your subject line. (Example: Please support my personal event for B4B Step and Spin Challenge!)
- Write your personal message.
If you would like to use the same message for other potential donors, click SAVE TEMPLATE and name your template. You can then select this template each time you send emails to potential donors, by selecting it in the TEMPLATE drop down box.
- Once you’re ready to send, click REVIEW EMAIL. If you’re satisfied with the email, click SEND EMAIL.
To update your Contact Book:
- Select CONTACT BOOK in the tab section below your profile picture.
- The Contact Book will show who has already been emailed and who has responded with a donation.
- To edit contact fields, simply click on the field and type the correct information. Click SAVE.
It’s easy to monitor your fundraising efforts. The REPORTS page shows you:
- Who donated
- Donation details (amount, date of donation, etc)
- Actions you took in response to the donation
– The ACTION column will show EMAIL SENT if you have already thanked the donor. If not, it will show SEND EMAIL.
– To thank donors from the REPORTS dashboard, click the mail icon () and follow the instructions to send emails. Once an email is sent, the ACTION status will automatically change.
The MY INFO tab is where you can:
- Edit your goal amount
- Edit your custom URL
- Change type of participation (e.g., walking, cycling)
- Register a family or a friend
- See which team you belong to (if you signed up for a team)
To edit your registration info:
- Login to your Fundraising Dashboard
- Go to MY INFO
- Hover over the Photo + Name section. The EDIT option will automatically appear. Click EDIT.
- Select the field you would like to edit, then save.