The B4B Step & Spin Challenge is a virtual, nationwide event which aims to encourage people to get more physically active, boost emotional and spiritual health, and raise money for Canadian at-risk youth.
Get Physically Active and Develop Healthy Habits
Getting and staying physically active can be challenging, and for the past year it has been even more challenging for many of us.
Challenge your friends.
See who can cycle the furthest, rack up the most steps or number of workout hours, or raise the most money over the course of this 21-day challenge. Let’s jump start physical activity and re-establish healthy habits!
You can participate and raise money from the comfort of your own home – using a stationary bike, treadmill or aerobic workout – OR you can ride, run, walk in your neighbourhood, while being mindful of safety guidelines. And your contribution will make a difference in the lives of at-risk youth, across the country!
Help At-Risk Youth Realize the Power of God’s Love
Youth centre workers and group leaders have identified a need for resources and programs that will help meet the emotional, mental and spiritual health needs of at-risk youth. Your participation and fundraising efforts will help provide the tools and guidance that will enable these Canadian youth to develop the skills necessary to live meaningful, productive lives – lives as children of God.
Join the B4B Step & Spin Challenge!
Here’s how you can get involved in 21-day B4B Step & Spin Challenge:
- Challenge yourself and set a realistic goal. Examples: I will…cycle or walk an average of 3, 5 or 10 km a day OR do 4000, 7500, 10000 or 12500 steps on average per day over the course of this challenge OR work out for 1.5, 3, 6 or 9 hours per week from June 19th to July 9th.
- Challenge your friends to see who can cycle the furthest, rack up the most steps or number of workout hours and/or raise the most money over the course of the challenge.
- Ask friends and family to sponsor you for taking on the 21-day B4B Step & Spin Challenge.
- Make a donation.
- Tell all your friends and family about the 21-day B4B Step & Spin Challenge.
- Share your progress. We would love to hear how you’re doing!
B4B Step & Spin Challenge Activity Ideas
- Use a pedometer or distance/fitness tracking app like FitBit to keep track of your activity.
- Ride your stationary bike.
- Walk or run on your treadmill.
- Get your steps in by walking or running within your neighbourhood, or by doing Step Workouts (search “Step Workout” in YouTube to discover workout videos).
- Get your heart rate going by doing an Aerobic Workout (YouTube has a lot of great workouts with or without the need for equipment).
- Invite some friends to join you for a virtual cycling or workout session.
- Take pictures or videos of your activities, share them and use #B4BstepNspin2021 in your social media posts.
Not able to physically participate, but still want to support at-risk Canadian youth? Click here to make a donation.
Here is some information about FitBit, should you choose to use this app:
- Free to use.
- No FitBit device needed. You can manually log your activity.
- The FitBit app can be accessed through the web or downloaded to your computer, iPhone or Android.
- It’s easy to create an account. You can sign up here.
How to Log Activity Manually in FitBit (desktop)
- Go to www.fitbit.com
- Click on the person icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Log into FitBit
- Click on the person icon (upper right-hand corner of your screen)
- Click on My Dashboard
- Click on Log at the top of the screen
- Click the Activities Tab
- Select one of the icons (walk, run, swim or cycle) or type in an activity in the search window
- Choose the date
- Enter the start time and duration
- Click the Log button
How to Log Activity Manually in FitBit (mobile phone)
- Tap the app icon
- Tap on the + sign beside Track your exercise
- Tap LOG at the top of your screen
- Type the activity (example: bike, run, walk, aerobics) in the search window
- Tap on the activity
- Tap on Starts and specify start time
- Tap on Duration and specify duration
- Click Add in the top right-hand corner of your screen