The summer has ended and with it the Bike for Bibles (B4B) season. Here is a summary, or if you will, a Summer-y, of what happened across the nation!
- Various fun rides, 70+ participants rode almost 1,700 kms
- BC – Harrison Hot Springs, 6 riders, 2 days, more than 1,200 kms
- ON – Gateway to the North, 16 riders, 3 days, nearly 4,000 kms
- AB – Kootenays and eastern BC, 6 riders, 7 days, over 5,000 kms
- BC – Eastern BC and Okanagan, 25 riders, 6 days, almost 19,000 kms
That’s a total of 3,900 kilometres covered for the Good Samaritan program in Ethiopia, South Sudan and Tanzania.
Fall into autumn, but continue raising support
Did you know that as of the end of September, B4B raised over $79,000 in support of The Good Samaritan program? And gifts continue to come in every week! Thank you to all the riders and roadies who hit the pavement across the country to help “Stop the Discrimination”. And remember – even though the ride season is coming to an end, we can continue to raise support. God will continue to “speak through your spokes”, calling people to give as you share your ‘what-I-did-this-summer’ stories in the office, at church, and at school.