Bike for Bibles (B4B) is an annual event that brings cycling enthusiasts of all ages and walks of life together for a time of fellowship on the road.
In response to the COVID-19 Crisis, this B4B virtual event will help people affected by homelessness, families in poverty-stricken situations, and men and women in need of addiction recovery support (among others). We are working in partnership with agencies across Canada to provide spiritual and other basic necessities, such as food, shelter and scripture-based resources to people in need during these difficult times.
Bike for Bibles will also continue to raise funds for Operation Bible through its in-person B4B events, scheduled to launch later in 2020.
About this Virtual Challenge (Walk/Run/Ride)
Anyone can get involved! You can participate and raise money (gifts will be doubled) from the comfort of your own home – using a stationary bike, treadmill or aerobic workout – OR you can ride, run, walk in your neighbourhood or on open trails, while being mindful of safety guidelines. And your contribution makes the difference in the lives of people in need, across the country!
2x Gift Matching!
Your fundraising goal will be matched dollar for dollar when you join the Bike for Bibles Virtual Challenge!
Here’s how you can get involved in the May 15 – 25 Virtual Walk/Run/Ride:
- Encourage your friends and family to support the cause, participate and/or donate.
- Set a goal. Example: bike or walk 1, 3, 5 km (choose your own distance), or do an at-home aerobic workout.
- Challenge your friends to see who can cycle, run or walk the furthest between May 15 and May 25.
- Cycle, walk or run within your neighbourhood or local trail (while still maintaining a safe distance from others).
- Other Options
- Use a pedometer or distance/fitness tracking app like FitBit to keep track of your activity.
- Ride your stationary bike.
- Run or walk on your treadmill.
- Get your steps in by doing a Step Workout (search Step Workout in YouTube to find workout videos).
- Get your heart-rate going by doing an Aerobic Workout (YouTube has a lot of great workouts).
- Invite some friends to join you for a virtual cycling or workout session.
- Take pictures or videos of your activities, share them and use #B4Bvchallenge2020 in your social media posts.
Not able to physically participate, but still want to help? Click here to make a donation.
- Go to www.fitbit.com
- Click on the person icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Log into FitBit
- Click on the person icon (upper right-hand corner of your screen)
- Click on My Dashboard
- Click on Log at the top of the screen
- Click the Activities Tab
- Select one of the icons (walk, run, swim or cycle) or type in an activity in the search window
- Choose the date
- Enter the start time and duration
- Click the Log button
- Tap the app icon
- Tap on the + sign beside Track your exercise
- Tap LOG at the top of your screen
- Type the activity (example: bike, run, walk, aerobics) in the search window
- Tap on the activity
- Tap on Starts and specify start time
- Tap on Duration and specify duration
- Click Add in the top right-hand corner of your screen