Bike for Bibles (B4B) is an annual event that brings cycling enthusiasts of all ages and walks of life together for a time of fellowship on the road – with one purpose in mind – to help raise funds for Bible distribution and translation projects of the Canadian Bible Society.
This year’s Rocky Mountain Bike for Bibles initiative supports Operation Bible, a CBS program that partners with Military Chaplains in the Maritimes (and across Canada) to support the mental and spiritual health of our brave men and women in uniform serving in the Canadian Armed Forces.
2020 Ride by the Numbers
This was an amazing ride joined by about 30 participants, riders and roadies. Here are some stats from the Rocky Mountain ride which you may find interesting:
- 450km+ – total kilometres covered for the B4B ride route which spanned 3 cities
- 0 major injuries (thanks to our amazing safety officer and roadies)
- 14 – age of the youngest rider
- 75 – age of our oldest rider (who showed us that anyone can ride for Bike for Bibles!)
- 3,000-8,000 – calories riders burnt per day (and replaced, thanks to the hearty meals supplied by gracious community and church partners)
- 1992 –the inaugural B4B event in Canada which took place in Alberta